Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Russsound A bus 4 coupled zone panel mount audio

Customer Question

I have a Russsound A bus 4 coupled zone panel mount audio hub and I think one of channels does not work. I use sonos with sepeaate controls throughout the house and all zones only play out of one speaker. sonos ran a diagnostic test and its not their equip
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: The surround receiver is a marantz 1602
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have reversed the patch cords and the no sound speaker then plays and the other one does not so it appears one channel is not working
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand, Russound has a lot of A bus hubs. What is the model number of yours (for example: A-H484, etc.)? I need to be able to pull it up in order to troubleshoot this with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
AH 484
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me a few minutes to pull this up.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

When you say you reversed the patch cords to test- do you mean the RJ45 connections on the AH-484? If so, are you saying the problem seems to follow a single keypad controller/speaker combo?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

In other words are you saying it's one of the "A" or "B" keypad zones that's not functioning? Or one of the ports on the AH-484?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One channel does not play so i reversed the patch cords to isolate the problem. when I reversed the patch cords the other channel played so I'm trying to determine if the hub is bad or if the patch cord is bad.
Expert:  Jonathan Stocks replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. It sounds like one of the channels on receiver went out. How do you have everything connected right now?