Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

We have a Yamaha RX V681 receiver that we purchased about 1

Customer Question

Hello Pearl.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: We have a Yamaha RX V681 receiver that we purchased about 1 year ago.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We are trying to figure out how to view Hulu through my online account on the receiver.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We cannot seem to locate the menu that allows us to set this up. We have connected wirelessly to our router. Okay. Thank you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Network receivers sometimes have a music app built in, but not streaming video like Hulu or Netflix. What you need is either a Roku Stick, Amazon Fire Stick, or a Blu-ray player with the network apps built in. That plugs into your receiver, and you can watch Netflix that way. Let me know if you have any questions, I think this answers why you couldn't find the (non existent) Hulu app.