Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We put in a cd and we got an error message. Now it says no

Customer Question

We put in a cd and we got an error message. Now it says no disc. But we know a disc is in there. Eject doesn't work. Turning it off and on doesn't work. Trying to nudge another cd doesn't work. What should we do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Wave Radio/CDII
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We tried (as I said already) that we turned it off and on, tried to nudge another cd in , pushed eject a bunch of times....
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything...
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

This problem the Bose is either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it. You can try those steps up to three times to see if it fixes the issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the disc mechanism has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.
Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?