Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Having issues connecting DVD/VHS combo Model DMR-ES40V to my

Customer Question

Having issues connecting DVD/VHS combo Model DMR-ES40V to my Samsung 60 inch 2160p smart- 4 K Ultra TV model UN60JS8000FXZA. TV screen reads no cable connected. (1)Check the cable connections and the setting of your source device. (2)Press source on your remote to select connected source device
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung 60 inch class-Led 2160p- smart- 4 K Ultra TV model UN60JS8000FXZA. I have connected the White-Yellow& Red cables from DVV to TV. the messages above 1&2 show on TV screen as I try to turn on unit.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is a new hook-up with no success.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Old DVD Sony model SLV-D300P was working with same hook-up until just a couple of days ago when the TV all of a sudden had the same messages appearing. I have cablevision as my source
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Where do you have it plugged in on your TV? Does yours require the adapter with headphone on one end, and red/white/yellow on the other?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
red/white&yellow on both ends. had the same hook-up with older DVD that was working fine up until a couple of day ago when messages started to appear.
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Ok, sometimes they can come loose. First, I want you to verify that they are plugged into their jacks firmly, and on the TV end, plug the yellow into the GREEN input. Press the source button on your remote, and select AV IN. Tell me if that works any better.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yellow was in green and AV was already selected. No change
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Do you have another device to test in the green input, or another TV to test to see if the player is working? Start by unplugging the player, and plug it back in. If it doesn't come back, we'll have to figure out whether it's the TV input that is bad, or if the player is bad, by plugging it into a different TV.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the DVD wants to turn on but is not holding the screen very long and goes back to the messages,
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

You might have a dead unit on your hands... Make sure the power cord is plugged in all the way on your recorder.

I'm afraid that your power supply is getting too weak to keep up with the demand of the player. If the power is plugged in tight, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that's the case. It will be more cost effective to replace the unit than to try to have it fixed. Unless it's a simple capacitor replacement, those repairs can be expensive.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
does the remote control need to be re-programmed or I'm doing something wrong with the buttons
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

If you push power, and it doesn't stay on, that's a power supply problem, nothing wrong with how you are pressing buttons. Doesn't it seem to have the symptoms of a power supply that tries to start up (when you see picture), but dies when it loses its energy? If you were holding the power button down, I would want to take another look at the buttons, but if you're using the remote, that sounds like a dead power supply to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This unit was working fine at my in laws house not to long ago.
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

It can happen without warning. If it shuts itself off, there is a hardware error. How old is it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, I'm going to request a refund. Thanks for your help.