Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Have a Dennon AVR 3600 and want to connect a dvd hdmi to get

Customer Question

Have a Dennon AVR 3600 and want to connect a dvd hdmi to get video direct to tv but want to connect digital optical to the Dennon for audio. How is this done?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: The TV is a Samsung. The dvd player is connected to the tv via HDMI but has a digital optical audio connected to the Dennon to get the surround sound out of the receiver. How to activate the optical cable to output to speakers from the Dennon?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I need to chat with a live tech guy.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a fee and how much if the issue can be resolved?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To be clear, this is a paid support service. The fee was detailed on the payment page (and shows on the account page under history).

Could you tell me the model of the player, and which port on the denon you have connected to?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.