ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Louie, I have a Bose Wave II Music System and the main unit

Customer Question

Louie,
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: I have a Bose Wave II Music System and the main unit works perfectly. My problem is the CD changer which holds up to 5 CD's. There is no electricity gettin to that unit because when I press the "on" button, nothing happens. As you know the cord is permanently fastened in the back and I have the two single pins plugged into the red and white outlets at the back of the main unit. What can be done?
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging and re-plugging the unit several times, taking out the red and white cords and re-plugging them. The Unit will not go on, the window remains dark.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That says it all...
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi Fred, use a voltmeter to confirm if there is power getting to the CD unit or not.

If there is power getting to it, then the switch has failed and the power button will need to be replaced.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pete,
Thank you but contacting you was a mistake on my part. I phoned Bose Corporation today and I am sending the unit to them to be repaired for $85 including shipping.
I should have done that in the beginning, rather than wasting an additional $45.
I am not complaining, I just made a mistake.
Fred Marino
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi Fred,

sorry for any cofusion!

If you need anything else just let me know.

Pete.