ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I.ve tried to self'-install a new uverse receiver but

Customer Question

I.ve tried to self'-install a new uverse receiver but apparently the receiver doesn't want to talk to my TV. The lights all come on, on the receiver but I
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My new uverse receiver and I aren't getting along. Apparently we don't speak the same language. I'm not exactly sure (due to age and ability) that I got all the plugs in the identical holes that they came out of. Can you help me determine where the colored plugs should inserted
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried everything I can think of but I can't turn on the TV, change channels, or do anything except watch the power button flash when touch a key.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know enough to ask any further questions!!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

What type of cable are you using?

What color are the plugs?

What is the make and model number of your TV?

Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.