ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a problem installing the Virtually Invisible 300

Customer Question

Hello, I have a problem installing the Virtually Invisible 300 speakers to my bose system I followed the instructions of pressing the bluetooth button and then holding down the 7 on the remote and the stero says "Ready to Pair" but nothing happens I tried power cycling the VI 300 and they didn't work. yellow light flashing on them
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: AV 120 control console is on the label on the bottom of the stereo
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I made sure the AV 120 control console has the latest software from the bose iphone app I tried power cycling the VI 300 speakers I tried 3 times to press the bluetooth and then hold the 7 to pair as per the instructions
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Are you using a power center or surge protection strip?

If so, your Bose may be plugged in too close to a router or other wireless device.

If so, power down all components then move the Bose plug as far away from the router or other wireless device as possible.

Power everything back up and try pairing again.
If that didn't work, try moving the Bose plug directly to a wall outlet and try pairing again.

Reply back here and let me know how you get on.