Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

One of y nuvo nd-2120 amplifiers I not working. There is no

Customer Question

one of y nuvo nd-2120 amplifiers I not working. There is no light,so I suspect it is the fuse to the main power. I am looking for where to buy replacement fuse.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: about4 years old. It's a nuvo nv d2120 amplifier.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I believe it was working last night but npt today. I isolated problem to this amplifier. No light coming on this amp. Everything I read on light indicates it's likely the main fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
Hello, as a quick check I would suggest removing the power cords from the two Nuvi amps and swapping them at the back of the amps (if you haven't already) and see if the issue follows the cord or the amp itself. If the same amplifier still doesn't show any signs of life at all then the issue is internal and at the least it would be the fuse.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
To locate a replacement fuse you would actually want to remove the fuse and match it up using the amperage rating on the fuse at your local Radio Shack.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
Generally these fuses will be between 1 and 2 amps and of the quick blow variety. The voltage does not matter so long as it's rated for at least 110 volts AC which almost all glass AGC fuses are.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
If you need help accessing the mains AC fuse, then please remove the cover of the amplifier and upload a clear photo of the fuse to this page and I can help you further. Alternatively if the issue goes beyond the fuse- meaning the amp still won't power up with a new fuse, or blows the new fuse then the issue would be downstream in the power supply PCB and require further testing using a multi meter to solve the issues. In that case, the common culprits are failed rectifier diodes, leaky capacitors, or a failed power supply transformer with the average cost being in the $250 range for this type of repair.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
If you would like you can use the site below to locate a repair shop in your area: www.stereorepair.comIf you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a positive rating before you go.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?