Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

This with regard to ham gear repair....... it is ham radio

Customer Question

this with regard to ham gear repair.......
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: it is ham radio geaar...do you repair them?
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this would be 2 meter hand held equipment..
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really... i just want to know where i might sends it to gewt it repaired or an estimate on repair...
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

What is the model number of the radio, and what is your zip code?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
MODEL NUMBER KENWOOD THG-71 AND A KENWOOD 21`00 ZIP IS 52756
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

Give me a few minutes, this will be easier without the phone call, and will save you some money. I'm locating the right personnel for you, this can take a few minutes.

Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

Hamm radios are getting harder and harder to find people who repair them. It's like finding someone to repair a 1930's organ, they are few and far between. Luckily Hamm radios are much smaller than organs, so we can ship them if we need to. Here is who to contact:

***@******.***

***@******.***

(###) ###-####/p>

These should get you closer to the solution. The first email address seems promising, and the phone number is ***** the parts department, in case the emails are slow. Let me know if you're able to get in touch with these vendors, I'll continue my search for a Kenwood Hamm specialist if I need to at no extra charge.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
YOU SAID IT WEAS GONNA COST 5 DOLLARS.... WHAT'S THIS 26$??
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 days ago.

I didn't make any deal, that is with the site. I am the expert who answers questions for customers. I'm a trained professional, but the payment goes through the site. I get paid to help people with their electronics. I'm in the US, and the corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I WANT TO TERMINATE THIS CONTACT WITH NO CHARGES BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NO SOLUTION TO MY PROBKEM...PL??