Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

We have onkyo ht 160 receiver sound is cutting in and

Customer Question

We have onkyo ht 160 receiver sound is cutting in and out,what is wrong?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: 10 years old ht-rc160
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We didnt trouble shoot it sent to soundafex shop,they said to talk to dealer might be a new chip or motherboard
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I does it only cut out at high volume levels, or does it simply lose sound at any volume and then it comes back here and there?

Once you answer that for me, I will know exactly what the issue is with your Onkyo receiver;-)

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael