Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

The bar would not come on. I had to go to outlet and reboot

Customer Question

The bar would not come on. I had to go to outlet and reboot it. Then it would work. This am I was at intervals getting a humming. If I turned it off and started over it would work. Our son bought a version of a clapper to turn it off remotely and that worked till this am when the humming began.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It is probably 5 years old- could not find model but serial number is ***** 0782AE
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked the connections. I unplugged it for 15 minutes and plugged it back in. The humming has only happened twice this am. But if I unplug the device from the wall and plug it back in, I hear the music sound and then I can turn it on with the remote.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "...bar..."

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Serial number 057240Z0782AE could not find model number
Expert:  Louie replied 12 days ago.

Please post back with clear pictures of the bar. Click HERE.
Of particular interest would be the back and/or the jack, ports and connections.
These pictures would then serve as common references.

And have you tried plugging in the bar directly into a wall outlet without the remote/clapper device?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do not have smart phone to make photo-yes to plugging it in without the remote-About 7 years old-do I need to use USB port to update-if so they did not recognize the serial no.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 days ago.

Sorry, but we have to start first with determining the model number.