ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

At some point, my Denon AVR-E400 lost network connectivity

Customer Question

At some point, my Denon AVR-E400 lost network connectivity and I'm hoping there's a quick fix to get it back online to update firmware and use AirPlay, remote apps, etc. I've got a strong signal with a working Ethernet cord but the unit doesn't respond. I tried restarting while holding down the buttons mentioned in a previous thread, but not sure if there are additional steps. Thanks
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Denon AVR-E400, maybe 3 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried unplugging, that didn't work. Then tried holding down both source selects, z2 source and dimmer. 1. DMSP showed on display, I pressed Status and it seemed to restart but still not working
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thx
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

If you have tested the ethernet connection with another device and it is working ok then the Denon likely has a faulty network card, which will need to be replaced.

This is a common fault on these units.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I figured that might be the case. Are there any reset troubleshoots we can try just to exhaust all possibilities?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'd prefer to chat via type
Expert:  ITPeter replied 3 months ago.

That is fine - you can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site :)

-----

There aren't any troubleshooting techniques except confirming that the ethernet is good and then swapping in a known good network card.