Jonathan Stocks
Jonathan Stocks,
Experience:  Lead Technician at ListenUp
99081889

My TV is great. I have a VHS player that I would like to

Hi Pearl, My TV is great. I have a VHS player that I would like to connect to the TV so I can use it. I have a DVD player connected and it works great. I have tried and tried to connect it but I haven't a clue what I'm doing. I have so many wires it is very confusing. I should let you know too that I currently do not have cable. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung, LN40C500F3F XZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: My TV menu works and I can use the DVR. Because I don't have cable, the TV mode only gives me static. PC and AV look like they are not available. I thought the AV would be used for VHS but I'm not hooking something up correctly.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When I moved in 2014 the person who hooked up my TV did not hook up the VHS player.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with this issue. There should be a yellow, white, and red port on the back of your tv called AV IN. You will connect them from the AV out of the VCR to this port. Once it is connected then the Input will become available to choose on your tv.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Jonathan Stocks,
I have to leave my computer for about an hour. Just wanted to let you know.

Let me know when you are ready to troubleshoot. Thanks!

Were you able to get your vcr connected?

Are you in need of any more assistance?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Jonathan, I want to thank you for your assistance with my VHS player. Once I new what I needed it was easy to fix. It is up and running. Thank you again. ***** *****

You are very welcome. If you could take a moment to rate me at the top of the screen, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!