Jonathan Stocks
Jonathan Stocks,
Experience:  Lead Technician at ListenUp
99081889

My system works great but I can no longer control the sound

Customer Question

my system works great but I can no longer control the sound with the control pod
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it in 2012, seal # 040326912620470 AC
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: when I turn on the Bose speakers I get one sound, loud, cannot turn it down anymore
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I don't need the serial number of the Bose, but I need the model of the speakers you have (for example: Companion III, etc.). Can you get that for me please?

Also, I need to know if the loud sound you're getting is playing the audio normally- or is it distorted, static, etc.?

Lastly, what are the speakers connected to (example: TV, PC, laptop, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the Bose Companion 5
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By the time I get done with this matter it may have cost me a fortune
\
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Now, I've requested the same bits of information twice and need it in order to troubleshoot this with you. You've already paid the site for a chat- which we are doing right here. You can ignore all of the other offers, but I need the following info to proceed:

I need to know if the loud sound you're getting is playing the audio normally- or is it distorted, static, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no other problems, the ONLY thing I cannot do is control the loudness mo static and no distortion
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Again, WHAT is the Bose connected to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
am I able to buy a new control pod?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not like this responds, no new technician and I do not want to wait 24 hours, please return my money
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please, respond
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bose speakers are connected to a Mac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello Aric, is this your service? Are you all done ? What is the name of the new technician? Why do you need to go to a new technician, I thought you were an expert, please respond
Expert:  Jonathan Stocks replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be talking over for Aric. It looks like Aric opted out of this question for some reason. I would be happy to troubleshoot with you further. Let's try doing the following:

First, unplug the power directly at the back of the woofer while the unit was on. Next, unplug the control pod, visually inspect for any damage/defect. Finally, re-seat the control pod on the back of the woofer and then lastly plug the power cable back into the woofer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we have tried all that, the little control pod simply quit working, my system is on a Mac, there is no static or distortion
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can turn the control but the sound remains the same, it is stuck on "all the way" [loud]

Are there any lights on the control pod?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but only 2 are working, the green and the amber

let me check something. give me a moment

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I must have the wrong place to have my questions answered, all I wanted to know is: can I buy a control pod without buying the whole system, I went to best and that is what I was told, I think that is unreasonable

You can, but you will have to get it directly from Bose or you might be able to find one on Ebay.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
$45._ is a lot of money to find out I can buy it at Ebay or Bose

Unfortunately I don't deal with pricing. I just help with troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thank you

If you can take a moment to rate me at the top of the screen so I can get credit for this chat, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Let me know if you have any more questions. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate me so I can get credit for talking with you. Thanks!
Expert:  Jonathan Stocks replied 30 days ago.
Please take a moment to rate me at the top of the screen if you don't have any more questions. Thanks!