Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

A question? When I right to put a CD to play, it goes in

Customer Question

A question? When I right to put a CD to play, it goes in half way, and than said can not read.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: a Bose Mod EL AWRCC 044417 C 83085853AC
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can Fix it? Is there another CD already in the machine count in it?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I am ready (not right) to put CD in my BOSE to play, it goes in haft was and it say can not read CD.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

yes I understand, and that is coming from it not being able to detect the disc.

If there was a disc in there currently that was in the way, you'd be able to press play and would either hear it play or get some other error. Can you check that first and let me know what happens?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.