Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Panasonic TV and Home theater system. Not able to get them

Customer Question

Panasonic TV and Home theater system. Not able to get them synced up.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hold on and I'll get that info.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has never been set up correctly. The TV is 32LZ800 the Home Theater system is PT 954
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The home theater system works fine when playing DVD's but the TV doesn't play through it.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

How do you have the TV connected to the home theater right now- please elaborate on ALL wires/connections running between the two devices.

Also check and postback with the FULL model number of the home theater- the one you posted appears partial.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Reply back to the info requested to proceed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HDMI Cable and an Audio cable
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm not available by phone- website sends that offer without my consent. There are at least 4 different type of audio cable- specify which one you are using (example: optical, RCA stereo, digital coaxial, etc.). Also check and postback with the FULL model number of the home theater- the one you posted appears partial.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

I'm assuming the home theater is "SC-PT954". Now on the audio cable- which type are you using?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Your TV has a "digital audio out" (optical) or RCA red and white audio outs. I'm asking which you are using?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
SC-PT954
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
RCA red and white
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thank you. Right now when you watch TV is the sound coming from the TV's built in speakers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Use the original Panasonic TV remote and go into your MENU- you need to select something BESIDES TV speakers as the default sound option. Have you tried this yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Go into MENU, then go into Audio, then Advanced, then shut the internal speakers OFF. Then go to the Panasonic home theater system, and use its remote to select "TV" for TV sound. Raise the volume on the theater. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There isn't any other option that I can see.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have sound through the system now.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Excellent and I'm glad to hear that.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wait, that doesn't solve my problem. The system is supposed to turn the sound system on and off with the TV Remote and be controlable with that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He has not solved my problem. I could do that before, What I need is to be able to Control the system with only the TV remote. The technician didn't even address that.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Well that isn't what you posted in your question is it? You only mentioned the sound. I will opt out and open the question back up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question was that I could not get the Home Theater system to work properly and it still doesn't. You only shut off the TV speakers. I could do that myself and the system still was not controllable from the TV remote.