Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have just moved. I am trying to set up system again. I

Customer Question

I have just moved. I am trying to set up system again. I have connected all speakers carefully. The only one that works is R speaker no sound from all others. I tried to press surround stereo etc Please help
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Bose Lifestyle 25 system. It is old ut has served me well.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about 19 years old
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is Bose Lifestyle 25. It is an old machine about 19 years old.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • re-check the speaker wires to all the other cube speakers;
  • • use the RIGHT speaker jack of the Acoustimass module as a tester and try all the other speakers connecting to it one-at-a time;
  • • check the Audio Input cable between the LifeStyle Music Center and the Acoustimass module;
  • • of particular interest would be the pins of the plugs;
  • -ensure none are bent and all are present.

Additionally, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.