ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I just purchased a Roku premier, and am trying to pair with

Customer Question

Hi, I just purchased a Roku premier, and am trying to pair with my Bose Cinemate 120. I'm getting picture, but no audio.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Bose Cinemate 120.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: If I plug directly into the tv, I can get audio, just not through the Bose AVR. I previously ran a Chromecast with no issue.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 4 months ago.

Was the Chromecast also connected to the Bose Cinemate 120?

To troubleshot this problem,

1. Make sure the correct input is selected on your Bose Cinemate 120.
  2. Check the volume level and mute settings on your television and the master volume level on the Bose Cinemate 120. Make sure mute is OFF and that the volume setting is at an appropriately audible level.
  3. Check that the cable connectors are snugly attached between your Roku Premiere player and the Bose receiver, and also between the Bose receiver and the TV.
  4. Connect the Roku player to a different input on the Bose receiver (ideally one you know works) and see if you can now hear audio. If you can, then there is a problem with the previous input on the Bose.
  5. Try changing the cables, one at a time.

Let me know how you get on...

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------