ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a Bose Remote Control RC-11 (614811) That has ceased

Customer Question

I have a Bose Remote Control RC-11 (614811) That has ceased working. Can it be repaired by you, or is it possible to purchase a new one? The basic unit it controls seems to be working well' though it is getting along in years. I would really appreciate any help you may give me. djrossret225 @gmail.com
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Bose Lifestyle music system. Model 614810. I have had it for 30 years, if not a little more.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It ceased turning the system on and off and the volume control did not work. I put in new batteries but that made no difference.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I can think of. Thank you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

First, try cleaning the battery contact terminals to ensure there is no corrosion.

If that doesn't help, and there is still no response from the remote, then it would be cheaper to obtain a replacement.

You can get them on eBay for under $50:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BOSE-RC-11-Lifestyle-Remote-614811-Missing-Battery-Cover-Works-/172662528765

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------