Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have

Customer Question

I have
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Not sure if you have to switch over to a 2nd input- what exactly are you trying to do?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well I'm try to put my echo on the aux 2 input. 1 is already assigned.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Oh okay, so you're trying to connect an Amazon Echo- thank you. Yes if you assign Input 2., to Aux 2 (using the Aux 2 RCA jacks on the back of the Denon) you can connect the Echo.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not available by phone- the website sends that without my consent. I'm assuming you want to connect it using an 1/8" stereo to dual RCA cable correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It automatically goes to the second input?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

What automatically does? I'm not sure where you're stuck. By default, Input 2 is HDMI (DVD). If you want to change that so you can plug a set of RCA audio cables into the "DVD 2" Input jacks- then you go into Input assign and "Assign" Input 2- so that it is the analog RCA jacks for DVD. Let me know if this entails what you are trying to do.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've got the right cord to do it. I've assigned to the analog jacks. 1 and 2. 1 for my phono(which is working) and 2 to aux to for my echo. Does it automatically switch or do I have to do it manually
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Aux 2 is what I meant
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Nothing automatically switches. Are you asking: "When you want to listen to the Amazon Echo, do you use the Source selector to manually select Input 2"?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Also "Aux" is Input 6, so I'm not sure where you're getting Input 2 from??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will my anolog switch to two from 1 automatically?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

No. It needs to be assigned to a specific source, and then you use the source selector to select the source accordingly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Like the cd has4 imputs. HDMI has six.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Right I assigned it to aux2. So I select the aux 2 input?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for nothing