Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to locate someone in the Portland Oregon area

Customer Question

I am trying to locate someone in the Portland Oregon area who knows the Sony TC 630 tape deck. I have one which is basically in pristine condition but has not been used for a long time. I got it out and everything seems to work except the tape speed is too fast and I can't change. I have removed the cover plate and can't figure out the problem.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Sony TC-630 50+years
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I stated in my original message,the machine has not been used for 25+ years. It has been stored in my house and is in pristine condition. When I tried to
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure, I need to talk to some one here in Portland Oregon who can either look at it or tell me what to do. My goal is to be able to play tapes and convert yhem to disc.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Initially, please try / inquire from:

• Audio Specialtied Ltd.
  • 1416 NE 102nd Ave
  • Portland OR 97220
  • Northeast Portland, Hazelwood
  • (503)(###) ###-####/li>
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Alternatively and if considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach, potential suspects after a review of the Service Manual are:

• • frequency selector (right side) set to 50Hz;
  • • the capstan sleeve was left in place;
  • • pinch roller not moving to correct position.