Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a new Bose Sound Touch Radio. I worked just fine when

Customer Question

I have a new Bose Sound Touch Radio. I worked just fine when I got it. Now when I turn it on, I get a message it needs to be reconfigured. Cannot find how to do this in the manual. I have unplugged it and replugged it in; no success. I would appreciate your help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Bose Sound Touch Radio -- just a minute I have to look up the model
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging it and plugging it back in. We did have a very bad thunder storm; I was not at home, and the radio was plugged in.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Can you please tell me what the exact message is that you see on the radio about being reconfigured?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok -- let me turn it on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it says " Sound Touch Not Configured. See Instructions." But, I cannot find any instructrions regarding this problem in the manual --
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am such a "gramma!!"
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You still there???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Michael -- did you go to lunch

OK. Yes. I am here, but I went to the bathroom... I need a moment to research the issue.

Thank y ou for waiting. You may have to do a factory reset. Hopefully it wasn't damaged by the storm. This will tell us for sure.

1. Ensure the Soundtouch system is connected to the power
  2. Disconnect the SoundTouch pedestal cable from the Boselink jack in the back of the Wave Soundtouch system.
  3. Press and hold the Control button on the back of the SoundTouch pedestal
  4. While pressing and holding the Control button, reconnect the Soundtouch pedestal cable to the Boselink jack.
  5. Watch the WiFi status LED at the back of the system. Over the course of around ten seconds or so, it will blink white, turn solid white, and then go out. When the LED goes out, release the Control button.
  6. Give the system about four minutes to reset itself, during which time the LED will produce a variety of colors and patterns. If the WiFi LED has not turned to solid amber after this time has elapsed, press and hold the Control button for two seconds. The system should enter into setup mode.