Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have a Panasonic SA-BT737 sound system that has become

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic SA-BT737 sound system that has become inoperatable due to children abuse. The surround sound speakers are still ok but I would like to purchase a similar player so what should I look at?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Panasonic SA-BT737 blue ray home theatre system. It is about 5 or 6 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The player can not be repaired. I need to replace the player only.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know what is compatable with this one as I only want to purchase one that I can use with the same speakers.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

I will help you the best I can ;-)

First of all, I do not recommend Panasonic for many reasons :-(

They used to make a wonderful product for many years. But over the past 13 years, unfortunately Panasonic's quality has dropped off significantly, it almost all of their products.

If you want something similar to the sound quality and power, I would suggest anything by Pioneer, or Kenwood.

There are a lot of these receivers out there right now that are really good.

The BEST way to get something that will sound as good if not better, is to visit a local Best Buy store. And take a listen to their audio equipment. They are really good with knowledgeable help and you can read the specs and output info as well;-)

That way, also, if you go with Pioneer or Kenwood(recommended) you will know you are getting a product for the same cost but it will last a lot longer many years, you will be much happier. I have been a hands on technician for over 35 years, I know the industry and what fails most often.

Alternatively you could take that Panasonic unit into Best Buy and they will send it out for repair, that will cost about $100.00 US

I hope you had a Happy Easter!

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My inquiry was to see what Panasonic blu ray player would suit the speakers and set up I already have, not to find out which system you recommend.
We are pensioners and don't wish to spend any more money than we need to.
I thought the answer would have been easy for you seeing you say you have 35 years technician experience.
If you can't tell me what Panasonic player is compatible with the SA-BA737 that I can hook up with my speaker system, then I have wasted my time and money making this enquiry right!....
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

HI, your speakers are pretty common as far as hook up and they are also high powered. So you can go with just about ANY system. It will hook up and be compatible with the brands I mentioned.

I left you the option of picking one that is on sale, but mentioned also which brands are the best at this time;-)

I really would just visit Best Buy for that unit.

If you give a model # of one you like, that you can work easily, I will be able to tell you more about it;-)

Please rate kind at this time.

Thank you and have a great day! No cost for rating ;-)
SIncerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Michael, I find after investigating through suppliers and direct to manufacturers that the speakers I have are not compatible with any new Blu Ray Player equipment. You say they are and you have 35 years experience plus you ask me to rate you highly when you can not supply me with the info I require. This has been a complete waste of time and money and will never use this site ever again. Useless!... Regards