Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bose lifestyle 48 and need a optical cord to hook…

Customer Question
I have a bose...

I have a bose lifestyle 48 and need a optical cord to hook up with direct tv box. my system has not worked since we got a new cable box. what should i do. no one can hoop it up for 2 years.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Vizio

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have called bose but they want too much more to come out. directed tv said everything went to hdmi and no uses red,yellow or white cords now, everything is digital and i need an optical cord. but the system will not play alone either

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/1/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I'm sorry, I'm unsure what you're asking in this question. Are you simply saying you would like to find where to purchase an optical cable?

You can then plug that cable into the "TV" optical port on the back of the Bose, and then plug the other end into whatever device you're looking to send sound from- either the Cable/SAT box, or the TV itself. You then set the "Source" setting on the Bose to "TV" to activate this port. If you need further assistance once you have this cable connected- simply send a reply back here anytime and I can help you further.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?