Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new iphone 7 and my bose won't broadcast my music,

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new iphone 7 and my bose won't broadcast my music

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Sorry. Needed to do some digging. The only thing I found was the manual that describes it as SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker ll

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried pushing buttons randomly

Technician's Assistant: This sounds important. The theater expert will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a theater expert who has 1141 happy customers and a 4.7 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

I just want my music back in my house. Thank you!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/21/2017
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Which software version do you have in your iPhone? That is usually the cause of the problem. Here's what to do:

Reset the SoundLink® Mobile speaker II: Press the mute button for 10 seconds. Your Bluetooth device is disconnected and the SoundLink® Mobile speaker II turns off. Then press Power to turn the SoundLink® Mobile speaker II back on.

Now re-pair the phone to the speaker. If it still doesn't work, press and hold the bluetooth button on your speaker. You'll see the button flash, that means it's discoverable. On your phone, go to settings, bluetooth, and make sure it's turned on. You should be able to see the Bose speaker on the list, and connect to it. You should now be paired.

Click here to watch a video if you have trouble. The trick is to make the speaker discoverable, and locate it on the list in your bluetooth menu in your phone settings to connect to it. We may need to update your software either in your phone, or in your speaker. Updates to the iPhone 7 have well known bluetooth connection issues.