Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

A fuse seems to have killed my bose system. nothing else…

Customer Question
A blown fuse seems...

A blown fuse seems to have killed my bose system. nothing else seems to be damaged.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Let me look will be right back

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?

Its a 4 cd disc player...at least 10 years old. cant find the model #

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/21/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

This problem the Bose is either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.

Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).

Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.

Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

However, if this does not work, then unfortunately the unit is in need of service- more specifically the power PCB incurred a fault when the fuse was blown. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen.

Aric, Engineer