Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a UE22 eror on my pioneer elite VSX-70 and my whole

Customer Question

I have a UE22 eror on my pioneer elite VSX-70 and my whole entertainment is down
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Pioneer Elite vsx-70 probably 4 to 5 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet is was crackling and speakers randomly making static noises so I checked all the hdmis figuring it was the source. It was not so eventually the sound started cutting out and now there is a ue22 error and no sound at all
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Can you please unplug it for 15 minutes,

then replug,

press and hold the ENTER button on the front, keep holding while powering back on, and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im across the house give me a minute
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok I am sorry its like 6 rooms away from my computer
Nothing happened
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

No problem, take your time.

The same message shows?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Apparently my son says its now working? What did we do??
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Well that is the reset process, it can take awhile to come back on after the reset though.

I'm glad it is back on track. If the issue returns or you need more help, let me know.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its back to it again-- I give up on this crap.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

When you held enter, did the same UE22 show, or did it go away for awhile?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its a racket. Im finished I already paid 27 dollars when the add said 5 then 26 more and if it doesnt work. Ill get new-- No more pioneer elite for me!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
It is not sent by me.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

You are correct though, replacement is the outcome here.

This is a 2013 model, for a pioneer receiver, it is at/past its service life.

This UE22 is a "fatal" error on this model, and a common one, resulting from a faulty control board.

It would cost you about $650 to repair it, while you could buy a brand new and updated model with a fresh warranty for the same price or less. I can recommend some better quality non-pioneer models for you, if you'd like.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
satisfied -Thanks again
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You're very welcome, have a great day!