Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a six CD radio. Skips and makes a stuttering sound.

Customer Question

Have a six CD radio. Skips and makes a stuttering sound. Rado Okay.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Awrcc1 do not remember when my son bought it fo a gift, maybe 6 years ago
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. It has not breed moved since we got it.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I would first suggest unplugging the system from power for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in to reset the processor- issues like this can be caused by a processor glitch, a dirty/defective laser lens, or an internal hardware issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Beyond that, this would be due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).
I would suggest first following the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.
You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.
If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Insert the spray tip of the canned air into the disc slot of the Bose and liberally blow out any dust or debris.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If the CD player is still not skipping, or stuttering, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced- which is on average a $250 repair,

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did what they could. Will try their suggestions,,
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. If you're satisfied with my efforts could you please click a positive rating at the top of the page?