Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon AVR 1800 Amp for surround sound it not

Customer Question

I have a Denon AVR 1800 Amp for surround sound it not playing with my new Samsung TV JS 9100 its hooked up through the RCA jacks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My Amp is from 2003 and the Tv is Brand New JS9100 series it has a box were the cables convert to RCA Jacks on the Tv box and it says in / out hooked up to the back of the amp TV in it worked fine with my old tv
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had the samsung tex. on the phone walking be thought making sure i was hooking it up wright. its pretty simple TV box in/out with a conversion to RCA in puts to the AMP. But won't play
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if this Amp. is capable of receiving the correct signal from the new tv
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please get me the full model number off of the back of the Samsung so i can look it up.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Chances are your Samsung TV does not use RCA red and white (none of the models made in the last 5 years do), for "AUDIO OUTPUT"- they are Input jacks- and only work in one direction. That said the protocol for connecting a current TV to a receiver is "Digital Optical" and both your Samsung and your Denon DO have that connection. You would want to run an optical cable from the TV's "Digital Audio (optical) output" port and connect the other end to one of the OPT jacks on the Denon. Then select that Input as the source on the Denon respectively.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?