Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have just purchased a Bose Soundlink Color 2 and I can get

Customer Question
it to pair with my...
I have just purchased a Bose Soundlink Color 2 and I can get it to pair with my HP Untrabook running Windows 7. Also, can I use the speaker to simply listen to streaming radio or do I have to listen to recorded files.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It's not a stereo - it's an HP Ultrabook running windows 7
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have sought, downloaded and ran the Soundlink Color 2 from the Bose site. I have checked the bluetooth drivers on my notebook and the supposedly are "operating properly". When I try and select the speaker in my Devise and Printers, I am told to troubleshoot and when I do I am told there are no drivers, or something of the sort. This is very frustrating.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/8/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Turn on the Bose speaker.

Turn ON your BlueTooth on your computer.

Search for available connections.

Does it detect and show the Bose as an available connection- yes or no?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How does one actually turn on the bluetooth? I did not need to do that to set up my fit bit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not wish to do the phone service.

I have no idea what a fit bit is. Let me see if I can find a link that shows you instructions on how to do this, It has nothing to do with drivers, etc.- you simply need to find the Bose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fit bit is a wearable exercise tracking device that uses bluetooth. That is why I reference it. Looking forward to the link. Thx.
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there

You can listen to anything your computer plays, so if you are listening to steaming music on the computer it will play on the speaker.

What you need to do is pair it, to do this, go to control panel in windows, then type in the search Bluetooth and click on add a bluetooth device.

Then press and hold the bluetooth button on the speaker till it blinks blue

Then add the device on the computer (via the add a bluetooth device)

Once added, right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right in windows, and choose playback device

Then right click on the Bose device in the list and select set as default

All sound from the computer should then come via the speaker

Let me know please how you go

Richard, Customer Service