Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a sony str dn 1040 and am trying to get wifi

Customer Question

I have a sony str dn 1040 and am trying to get wifi connected so I can upgrade software say use alphanumeric keys on remote but when I press key 5 for the k it changes input how do I input the Linksys code to connect to wifi
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: i get to the point of where it says use alphanumeric keys on remote Panasonic tv
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: can you answer how to input Linksys code to connect receiver to internet wireless
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, are you able to use direct LAN cable connections?

Still, please re-consider using WiFi. It would be considerably "safer" to use wired / LAN connection when performing an upgrade.