Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Im having a problem on my cd changer of my lifestyle, Its

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: Im having a problem on my cd changer of my lifestyle
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Its like 2 yrs
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Im pressinh im pressing the disc change fast suddenly it stoked up
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its lifestyle 20 6disc audio system
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.
However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?