Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Louie, I connect my Apple TV and my play station 4 to my

Customer Question

Hi Louie, I connect my Apple TV and my play station 4 to my DENON AVR-S920W and don't video or audio. I have change HDMI cables, input entrance in the DENON device without any progress, please help. Esteban
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: TV, Samsung curve UHD TV
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: but my directv and blue ray work find through the DENON
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I already mention I try with different HDMI cables and with different input entrances in my NEW DENON With no progress. The Apple TV and play station go fine if I connect directly to the Samsung Tv
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't see any answer ? Could you send by email the whole conversation, probably the web page is the problem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Don't ask for more charges $$ to get an answer. This web offer 100% refund guanatee and if I don't get response I hope to get that refund
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, sorry about that. It's an automated email. I'm the expert, give me just a few minutes to type your response. Yes, if we can't fix it, you'll get a refund. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

You're going to have trouble with your playstation running through your Denon. The graphics are incompatible, and you'll experience video drop outs. Connect that directly to your TV, along with your Apple TV. Run an optical cable from your TV's optical audio output to Denon TV AUDIO (optical input 1). Now switch your TV's input to the correct HDMI input to your Playstation, and switch your Denon to TV AUDIO. Tell me how it works.

By the way, you can ignore the automated emails. The ones that matter are the ones that say you've received an answer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I see your new answer explaining that I would have trouble with the play station, but I don't quite agree with that, because in a cheaper Yamaha device I could.
In the other hand I don't see a response for the apple TV problem
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Please be optimistic. This is what I do for a living. I'm not guessing, I have done this a few times...

Apple TV can be plugged into your TV as well. It works the same way, but if you want it to go through Denon, we can do that too.

Plug it into Media Player on Denon. Switch to the Media Player input on Denon, and tell me if you get audio, video, both, or none. There may be some setup required, but I can walk you through that, so please leave it in the Media Player input.

For the PS4, there is a KNOWN issue of the video cutting out. It's due to the resolutions not being true movie or TV resolutions. They are graphics, and go slightly off the path, causing the picture to go black. It's best if you plug it into your TV, let the TV do its job of giving you a great picture, then running the audio from the optical out to Denon to let Denon do its job of surround sound. Notice how the sound on a TV isn't built very well on any TV these days? It's because they concentrate on the picture. Same goes for receivers, but they concentrate on audio.