Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Promedia 5.1 that has a hum. I have replaced wiring

Customer Question

I have a Promedia 5.1 that has a nasty hum. I have replaced wiring that can be. Is their a repair company in my area that can fix this beast. Have checked with a couple of places and they acted less than interested.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: KlipschPro Media Ultra 5.1 and is roughly 10+ years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Was being used as a 2 way system for a computer. Replaced main input wire, as suggested by a tech.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. Would like to get it operational. Hate to recycle it. If their is someone in this area that will look at it I would be happy.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.

That will be hard to find a repair place, but what is your zip code? When you move the wires around on each end, does that get rid of the hum?