Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My Pioneer VSX-520 receiver's audio has stopped. It is not

Customer Question
My Pioneer VSX-520 receiver's audio...
My Pioneer VSX-520 receiver's audio has stopped. It is not muted. I don't get any sound from any input device or even the tuner, but the tuner will scan for stations and lock on to them. Is there a reset method to set this back to factory settings?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: On the front of the unit, it says VSX-520. It is about two years old, I think.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It failed last night as I was trying to install ROKU. At one point, I pulled the HDMI cable from the output and plugged it back in. Somewhere, I read that this could interrupt sound output but that doing a resent might cure the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you done a RESET?

Louie, Technician