ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a Pioneer Av Receiver vex-823. It is setup with

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Av Receiver vex-823. It is setup with soyrround when I play Samsung Smaert TV. When I switch to Netflix App I don't get any sound from speakers. Can you tell me what I need to do to get sound through receiver using the app?
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: My TV is approximately 4 years. I have never tried to play Nexflix before so TV works but not App.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I on,y jist discovered that I don't have sound through Netflix as I have nevere tried before. Someone to,d me to get an Iptical cable so I've done plugged that in and but it still doesn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is more programming required?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still need assistance. I do not see an answer here. Am I missing something?????
Joan
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

You will need to have an optical cable connected from the TV's OPTICAL AUDIO OUT socket to the Pioneer receiver, then select the TV as the sound source to listen to the sound from the TV through the surround sound system.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

If you still don't get surround sound then let me know the model number of your Samsung Smart TV so I can check if it is capable of outputting dolby surround sound.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.