Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Soundlink Mini 13 months old and the battery will

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Soundlink Mini 13 months old and the battery will not charge. Left it for too long without a charge and tried resetting
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Tried holding down mute button
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 'Sounlink Mini
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: 13 months old...not even 13 months
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It worked perfectly fine. Then I left it for a couple of weeks. It will not charge even when its be on the station for 14 hours plus. The red light flashes. Tried holding down the power button, the mute button and the power and mute button together. Nothing apart from the power button flashes.The unit is just over 12 months old.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check all connections in the charging path for dirt, lint, grease, etc.

If none is seen, then you have, presumably, a dead battery, and one that died just outside the warranty, and rather sooner than most do so die.

I think replacing that battery would be the right thing to try first (provided the Bose was not dropped nor handled roughly at any time.)

Would you be interested in doing that yourself (if possible), or having a Bose service center do it for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Service centre please

There are 3 Bose dealers in SE Australia, one in Mr. Martha near Brisbane, on in Newington not far from Sydney, and one in Doncaster not far from Melbourne.

If you are too far from those, let me know, and I will provide you with what I can find out as far as some Bose service location nearby to you - if you tell me your region or town/city.

Here is the Bose Factory Service listing of terms - which oddly has no address nor contact information, but does list pricing for your Bose product, at either

(NSW Inc.) $129.00

(or VIC, SA, WA, QLD Inc.) $149.00

https://www.bose.com.au/en_au/support/factory_authorized_service.html

Let me know which of those 3 dealers you are nearby to (for complete address/contact info) or your region/town/city if you are distant from all 3 of them.