Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

ACS250 ACS400 Wonderful, no matter they are old, speakers,

Customer Question

ACS250 ACS400 Wonderful, no matter they are old, speakers, but I need replacements for the pair of cables with the DC power plug on one end and the 3.5 mm plug on the other. Can't get answer of any sort from AL.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It's Altec-Lansing ACS 250 + two satellite speackers, ACS400. About 20 years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The cables somehow got misplaced; I had to move two times, and now cannot find them. Never any trouble with the speakers, which are really good.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything. There is a cable shop locally, but they had nothing of the sort.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

The OEM AC adapter from Altec is no longer available, however there is a substitute designed and built for the AC250 and AC400 system at the link below for purchase. This will get you back in business with your AL speakers:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/UpBright-NEW-AC-DC-Adapter-For-Altec-Lansing-ACS400-ACS250-ACS500-Multimedia-Computer-Speaker-System-Surround/32685997553.html

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Please read my reply for the answer to your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, sorry, Aric, this is not the cable I need. Go to https://www.google.com/search?q=acs+250+acs400+images&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=944&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_i9vKmfLQAhUJwGMKHRXQDXoQsAQIGQ#imgrc=Zw2CLYEj_wqaCM%3A. You will find the wiring diagram there. The diagram of "Main Amplifier" numbered 2 here shows four plugs that go into the Main Amplifier. The farthest left of these is marked "6. DC power connector plug." If you trace the cable, you will see on the other end a 3.5 mm plug going into the 250 unit (the big one). This cable is conjoined to a twin with the same plugs,but going in the opposite direction. These are the ones I need.