Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a new Panasonic 55" 4k 3D LED/LCD television Model

Customer Question

I have a new Panasonic 55" 4k 3D LED/LCD television Model TC55CX800. When I attempt to use the DVD, I get a pink shady picture and no sound. I have tried different HDMI cables and 2 different DVD players but the same thing happens. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model #TC55CX800U; Serial No. MG52940014, manufactured in October 2015 and purchased on January 14, 2016.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since it was new. It works well as a TV but the DVD has never worked. The only troubleshooting I did was to change the cables, DVD player and HDMI slots into which I plugged them.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How long is the warranty?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The warranty on a Viera TV made by Panasonic Canada is (as shown in this document:

http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37371/kw/37371#VIERA

Service type: "In home",

Warranty term: 1 year, parts (including panel) and labour.

This link is to the full Panasonic Viera TV warranty statement:

http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32787/c/46063%2C46067

As for the problem with pink shady picture no sound... that, if it happens that way on more than one DVD you have tried to play, indicates a defective DVD player, if not a defective HDMI cable ... but you have used different DVD players and cables, so, it is evidently a problem in the TV, perhaps in its HDMI plug or closely associated circuitry.

(Be it noted that cheap HDMI cables often introduce problems. So, if your HDMI cables were both rock-bottom in price, you might want to try slightly higher-quality cables... unless the cables can be proven A-OK by some other method, at least recently if not now.)

Let me know what you think, and what more you need to know about this problem, and I will advise you further.

(If this has answered your question in full already, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thanks.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I fiddled around a bit and discovered that HDMI ports have to be 'installed' for the particularized device used. In my case I had to assign the port 'Mode 1' designation instead of 'Mode 2'. Once I did that the DVD worked fine. Thanks for your help anyways.

Congratulations on getting it working with so little problem.

Thank you for considering my offered advice helpful. If it was, really, then please rate my answer and my work... five-stars would be a true sign of appreciation.