info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Home Theatre and Amplifiers expert
18621325

Connecting a sound bar for a 60 inch VIZIO, E55-1, Just this

Customer Question

Connecting a sound bar for a 60 inch VIZIO
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: E55-1
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just this morning. I just moved into this place and it was completely furnished. I think while I was moving the TV around I might have disconnected something since I found a chord with a orange band around it but when I try plugging it into all the connecting inputs it still didn't work
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know it was something I did. I just need to know what to do to fix the problem
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  info tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here this orange lead what inputs was you tring to plug it into?the TV or the soundbar?what inputs are being used on the soundbar please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The power chord and there was this plug that was lying there that had a piece of tape saying sound bar. I tried plugging in every input I could find in the back with no response.I had disconnected everything from the sound board to see it easier now I'm trying to put it back and I see a very thin wire with a red light coming from the TV. Not sure if it goes to the board or not because I cant find a place for it.

That is the optical leAd and goes into the soundbar optical input and the TV