info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Home Theatre and Amplifiers expert
18621325

No sound thru my TV receiver now. I was trying out amazon

Customer Question

no sound thru my TV receiver now. I was trying out amazon video and the sound was poor. Now I have no sound. I think I messed up the settings for the receiver. I can still get sound thru the tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?
Customer: It is a Samsung 6600series. No trouble at all until I did this today
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, all sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I registered my tv with amazon video. The sound was not good so I tried changing some settings on the remote for the receiver. then when I tried the satellite tv there was no sound there at all either
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  info tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please re-boot the TV the box (satellite\cable) and any receiver you have by disconnecting all from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again let me know how this works out

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Anthony