Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We are having issues with audio to the soundbar from out TV.

Customer Question

Hello - We are having issues with audio to the soundbar from out TV. We have disconnected re connected. It worked before and now we can't get it bac to working. The soundbar works when we select the radio on the smart cast but nothing else.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: For the soundbar/subwoofer we have model SB4051-D5 and for TV we have the MD70-D3. We have unconnected the HDMI cords and reconnected them. I have reset the TV and Soundbar back to Factory reset and then reset them up We have unplugged everything and replugged it all back in.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The only way to get to the TV menu is thru the Smartcast set up. The TV volume works just fine. We also have out DISH box connected with the TV.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure what happened for it to stop working through the soundbar/system. I noticed it last weekend.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that is it. That's really the only issue we have.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Please read my reply and try a reset of the SAT box, then let me know what happens.