Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have lost all sound. TV works, but no sound. Have subwoofer,

Customer Question

Have lost all sound. TV works, but no sound. Have subwoofer, rt front, oft front, center and two rear speakers that were working fine. suddenly no sound. Does the Denon system have fuses?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Toshiba flat screen. Maybe 6+ years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We were watching TV and the sound just stopped. I must admit that all speakers had disconnected wires in the back except for the right front. The right front was giving good sound. I have tried to re-attach other speakers, but find it very difficult. The lead from the wall to the back of the Denon box is quite short and the places to get your fingers in is very tight and dark. I have used a safety light but am still struggling. I have hooked up two of the speakers and tightened the attachment for the right front, but still no sound. Can't find any fuses. Thought maybe a fuse could cause incident. So i need some help. Thanks.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: JustI am an amateur who really doesn't know what he is doing. Thanks.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, First- have you tried simply rebooting your cable box by pulling the power cord from the wall to the box for 10 seconds and plugging it back in? That is THE most common cause of lost sound that we see. If not try that.

Additionally, all of those wires disconnected behind your Denon are VERY very bad news! Any of those wires can accidentally touch each other or the chassis of the receiver, or any of the other jacks on the receiver and cause a short- and bam- no sound and a receiver that requires service.

That said, I am more concerned with the cable box getting rebooted at this point, however if the issue goes beyond that, then I will need the FULL model number off of the front of the Denon please.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please send me a reply to let me know you are able to read mine and are here.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed more help. A simple reply back to me is all that's needed to continue.