Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a bose wave with the cd changer attachment. All of a

Customer Question
I have a bose wave...
I have a bose wave with the cd changer attachment. All of a sudden the remote doesn't work and since that's the only way to get any music... nothing works. And yes, I replaced the button battery in the remote just to make sure it wasn't that
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: I don't see a model number. the serial number on the main wave machine is 044417C93187897AC
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only thing I have tried is unplugging and plugging back in and changing the battery in remote
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/22/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 12 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional and the problem is in the bose unit. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.

Let me know the results and I can help with parts/repairs if needed.

Thanks,

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer