Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Pioneer VSX-70 receiver. All inputs are managed via

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...
Hi. I have a Pioneer VSX-70 receiver. All inputs are managed via HDMI. I have it set up in 5.1 configuration with a Velodyne subwoofer. Intermittently the subwoofer will stop working. Sometimes when I turn it off and on, it starts firing again. The subwoofer works fine on a different receiver I have. I have re configured the speaker setup based on the instructions that came with the device. I fear there is an issue with the receiver and not a configuration issue. This has gone on for a long time but am unable to have the system out of commission for as long as it would take me to send it to a repair center
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years VSX-70
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: REwired the system. Replaced subwoofer cable. used the sub on different receiver. Let the system auto configure the system
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/21/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What model velodyne do you have?
What are you typically watching or listening to through the pioneer?

Louie, Technician