Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

This is the second Bose Solo that has gone dark on me. The

Customer Question
first one lasted 3 years...
This is the second Bose Solo that has gone dark on me. The first one lasted 3 years and I bought the newer model about ten months ago and it to has gone dark. I have changed the battery on the remote, but to nothing is turning on. Any suggestions?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the home theater technician's Assistant.
Customer: Okay. Who do I go to?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It's less than a year old and it's a SOLO .
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: iT WAS WORKING FINE THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THEN THE NEXT DAY IT WOULD NOT TURN ON. LIKE I SAID I CHANGED THE BATTERY IN THE REMOTE AND NOTHING. THAT IS ALL I HAVE DONE.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, Can you please try unplugging the Bose Solo from power for 10 minutes, then plug it back in and let me know what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did nothing happened

Thanks for the reply. If you're saying there's absolutely no signs of life at all on the Solo, then it indicates a hardware failure I'm afraid - there's no two ways around that. This is under a year old you're saying? Also, I'm assuming you've done the obvious like trying another plug on the surge protector or another outlet, etc.?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sure did. So I guess I spent all that money on this and there is nothing that can be done? Into the recycle bin. No more Bose for me....

If it's under a year old then it would be covered under Bose warranty.....unless there's something I missed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have missed nothing, but I will never buy another BOSE product. dr ted

Also, on that note - I would not recommend Bose at all. I've installed professionally for over 20 years, and have seen more failures with over-priced Bose equipment than most other brands.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the info and being honest or trying to make me feel better...dr ted

Okay. What threw me off was the recycle bin statement since I would absolutely send it right back to Bose to exchange it, and then consider selling the new one they send back to you. I'm sorry for the bad news here, but if the unit isn't showing any power light. And respectfully, ***** *****'m not trying to be polite by saying that, I personally would never recommend Bose.

There's one last ditch effort you can try and that would be to leave the system unplugged for a whole 60 minutes (which drains all residual current and can, in some cases, enact a reset). Beyond that, if you'd like to setup an RMA# ***** Bose, you can contact them using the info provided below:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your honesty. What would you recommend for a similar system?

You're very welcome, and it appears our replies crossed. For a different system, I would highly recommend Sonos (the Playbar for a TV soundbar solution), or for a subwoofer/soundbar system Polk is very hard to beat and has much more accurate sound, more power and better reliability than the Bose (there are several Solo systems out there, assuming you have the Soundbar option).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thanks young man and have a good thanksgiving...dr ted
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh by the way it's been off for a couple of days.

Ah, okay then it is faulty without a doubt. You're welcome Dr. Ted, and I hope you have a good thanksgiving as well.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Engineer