Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have Denon 4200 and want to play apple TV 3 through it but

Customer Question
when I select Denon as...
I have Denon 4200 and want to play apple TV 3 through it but when I select Denon as my audio out in the Apple TV settings the amp flicks over to airplay without video?If I use Apple sound out on Apple TV audio it works but sound is very low?Is there a way to turn off Airplay?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Samsung Smart 6800 series 55Inch about 2 years old?
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet?It works fine with video and sound if Apple TV setting is audio out "Apple" but have to crank the volume.When setting in Apple TV audio to Denon it pops up on screen as an Airplay Audio...excellent sound but no video?
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/16/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, Please get me the full model number of the Denon (ex: AVR-X4200W, etc.).

Also, You do want the Audio Out as "Apple" (since the Apple TV box is sending the audio "Out" to your receiver).

In the receiver there is a method to adjust the volume level for each source setting (Input). You need to simply raise the volume in the Denon's MENU, for the specific Input that Apple TV is plugged into.

If you have the AVR-X4200W, then these steps can be found in the Denon manual on page 141 (at the link below):

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX4200W/NA/EN/download.php?filename=/AVRX4200W/NA/EN/pdf/AVRX4200W_NA_EN.pdf

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Engineer