Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Pioneer Elite Media Receiver model Pro R04U.

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite Media Receiver model Pro R04U. Recently the television screen went black. I can hear the audio and change channels but have no picture. There is only one button on the perimeter of the screen; the power button. When I turn on the power, the solid red light indicating stand by comes on. The "on" light isn't lit. Can you help me
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Pioneer EliteMedia Receiver Pro R04U
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We were watching the TV when the screen went black. I had a tech from our cable service look at it. He reported that everything is properly connected.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

I want you to check your power cord. Unplug it from the TV, then plug it back in firmly. If you're not getting a red light, that is likely the cause. Please tell me if you see any change.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I suspect that power to the unit isn't the issue because the red standby light is lit. But I unplugged and plunged in the unit as you requested. No change.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

I see your request for a phone call, let's try a couple of things first. This can save you money. Use the power button on the display rather than the remote, does that allow you to turn it on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, nothing happens when I turn the screen on/ off using the power button on the unit. When I push power on, it goes to standby (red light lit). When I press the power button again, the red light turns off.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Ok, hold a flashlight to your TV. Are you able to see any picture from that light?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Ok, now switch to another source. Do you see anything, even text when switching inputs?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, the screen is just black.