Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Sound quits, for about a year I would turn it off then back

Customer Question
on it, would work maybe...
sound quits, for about a year I would turn it off then back on it, would work maybe a week then quit again, now it wont work at all what can I do ?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: The Bose system is hooked to our TV , the system is approx 13 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none other than turning off sometimes day at a time
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/2/2016
Technician: info tech, Technician replied 1 year ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself only this texting method which I consider the best way, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

First thing to do is reboot everything that is the Bose any satellite or cable box you may be using and the TV unplug all from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again,let me know if there is any change please

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still no sound
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still no sound

If you try another input in the Bose is it the same ...no sound?

Let me know what Bose you have too please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wil ltry to find another input

Yes you need to eliminate a connection issue between the TV and the bose so I will then know if its the Bose or the TV

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only one input on receiver

Yes there may be (what Bose is it please?) you need to get something in there (that one input)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TV speakers work without Bose. Th e Bose Receiver is Lifestyle 38 or 48

on the remote, press system. be sure the correct tv input is selected

press the right arrow to highlight the "media center" icon and press enter

press the down arrow to highlight "restore settings" and press enter

press the up arrow to highlight "yes" and press enter. the display asks: "have you been instructed to do this?"

press the left arrow to select "yes" and press enter

press exit to leave the menu

That is for the 38 let me know if you have issues, this is a factory reset

How is this working out please?

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
press sysyem receiver says, see TV. nothing on TV screen none of the arrow commands appear on TV, the only thing on the remote that seems to work is sound level numbers and off and on

Can you please let meknow for sure what bose you have

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model AV48

i

I need more info than that Bose make loads of versions as much info as you can about what type it is please

info tech
info tech
info tech, Technician